Thursday, November 26, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving

Boy oh boy!  I just about get over the coughing bit, and then my back goes out.....!!  I'm still in pain, but at least I can walk now, although not like before, yet.  Taking Tylenol like crazy and doing exercises suggested by my doctor.  Then, today, when I should be spending the holiday with my family at my sister's house, I come down with either food poisoning, or the flu.  Who knows which?  Needless to say, I sent my husband to spend Thanksgiving with the family with the 3 pies I made, and I am here alone waiting for him to bring home a bun and slice of turkey for me.  I think this is the first Thanksgiving I've ever missed, so that, in itself, is something to be grateful for......that, plus I am feeling a lot better than this morning.  Needless to mention that I haven't been doing much!

I continure to send my little niece fun envelopes with books.  My granddaughter's envelopes are on hold until she decides to like "easy chapter books".





I'm still knitting socks and continue to love it although I wish I could knit faster.  I'm not a very patient person!  Here is a pair that my daughter-in-law will be getting for Christmas:


And then, amazingly enough, I even started a pair for myself:


So, that's about it!  I hope you are having a marvelous Thanksgiving and sharing it with those you love!  Until later..........

2 comments:

beachiesews said...

Oh Carol...you have been through it for sure! That Back....oh man...I feel your pain and wish you a complete recovery. My husband has very bad arthritis in his spine...I always felt bad for him, but after my episodes this summer...I really feel for him and anyone else who has back issues! I hope you are on the mend and never ever go through that again!!!
Your socks are great! I have skipped over socks and have gone to hats. I don't think the hats I am making will be all that warm though..maybe they will have to be cool weather hats...not super cold weather hats...they are fun to knit and turn out okay. I am getting better at DPN's versus magic loop..it's all good though!
Please feel better soon! Hugs...Sue.

suz said...

Hope you are feeling better. Love the socks you are knitting. I admire anyone who can knit. My college roommate and I once decided to try to knit sweaters - the directions said to be careful not to make elephant sweaters - we didn't, we made gorilla sweaters! Even shrinking them to the point of felting the wool, no human could have worn them...end of my knitting!