Friday, July 10, 2015

Saving the best for last…..

First off let me show you the envelopes I sent the girls this week:




Then……do you remember this?  This is my kitchen not that long ago:


AND…..ta-da……this is my kitchen today!  All bright and happy and I LOVE it!


I did not match the tile to the paint color……actually, if you'd see the glass tile in person, you wouldn't believe it even looks green.  It's a beige color called "cloth".  AND…behind the tile, the wall was painted with white primer so you can't blame it on paint either.  I was surprised to say the least that it took on a green hue, but not in a bad way.  I really like it.  I just hope I don't get sick of green!

Note the creaminess of the cabinets next to the underside of the soffit which is painted "ceiling white"…..the color on the cabinets is "Maritime White" by Benjamin Moore.  They match my bisque Corian countertop perfectly.  (It only took 3 tries before we got the right color……that's a whole other story.)



This morning, I popped over to Target and bought pale green towels and washcloths for the kitchen….matchy-matchy, you know!  lol  Next is a new refrigerator.  Believe it or not, mine has been working perfectly for about 15 years and it's almond.  Hubby is insisting on stainless.  I guess I'll cave this time.  Ten years ago when we put in the countertops, and did the original back splash and bought the other appliances, I insisted that the almond refrigerator was fine…..and even now, it seems a shame to get rid of something that still works okay.

So, that's the news here!  Needless to say, I didn't read a book this week…….BUT, I am working on a new pair of socks which you will see soon!  Have a super week……!!

14 comments:

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

Your kitchen is lovely. I love the cabinets. I'm going to paint mine this month so this is a real inspirations. Love the back splash.

Ellyn said...

It's beautiful! worth the wait!

Cheryl W. said...

You can actually have your appliances painted...most auto paint places will do it. Lovely kitchen!

Jacqueline said...

Beautiful. I just painted my bedroom white. I am a big fan of all shades of whites.

Createology said...

Now that is a dramatic change and huge improvement. I love you new fresh white look with the glass tile backsplash. I have painted white kitchen cabinetry and I love it. Fresh, Bright and Clean!!! Always such cute envelopes you create and send. Blessings on your finished kitchen. High on Life July...

Mary said...

Your envelopes are so cute as always. Love the creamy white Kitchen. What a dramatic change!

Mary said...

Your envelopes are so cute as always. Love the creamy white Kitchen. What a dramatic change!

beachiesews said...

Well now...that is just beautiful! Good for you! It will be a pleasure to spend time in this room! And yep, I think a new fridge will be good and I bet you will be happy when it is in! Gotta throw those men a bone now and then!!!

Have a great week! Sue.

kiwikid said...

WooHoo!! That looks amazing!! So worth it!! You will be cooking up a storm in here very soon....or maybe just sitting enjoying the new colours? Love the envelopes.

Susan said...

The kitchen looks wonderful - I'll bet you are enjoying time in the kitchen now....

http://learningtosow.blogspot.com/ said...

I love the bright feeling it gives. I think you made it look modern in a good way! What I mean is, modern but not sterile feeling! I hope you get many happy days in your new kitchen :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Karen said...

I think your kitchen is so bright and light. Lovely!
I do hope you will not be disappointed with stainless steel frig. They show every fingerprint. A cleaning nightmare! Also, magnets don't work on stainless steel. I am a white appliance girl myself. It goes with everything and never goes out of style.

Rettabug said...

I can't believe how long it has been since I've stopped by or talked to you, Carol...the entire kitchen is BEAUTIFUL!!! What an undertaking!! I know you're happy to have it finished & it looks lovely.

My advice on the stainless steel fridge is DON'T BUY AN LG!!! I had 7...that's right SEVEN repair calls on my ice maker in the first two years that I have owned it. Piece of junk!!! There is a class action lawsuit going on now against them. Foreign make crap!

Love the socks you've been making & I'm glad it doesn't hurt your hands to knit, like smocking did for you.

Many Hugs...we'll have to talk soon.
R.