Friday, June 26, 2015

Still waiting…..

Hopefully one week to go before my back splash tile comes in and then who knows when my contractor lady will be able to squeeze me in for the installation.  I can't wait!  It'll be so nice to have the kitchen finished (only hubby wants to buy a new stainless refrigerator now to complete the look.)  I see the $$ flying out this door, believe me!!

We had a nice time on Father's Day.  We met our daughter and her husband on the shores of Lake Michigan in Port Washington, WI for a quick breakfast in a cute outside deli on the breakwater.  The weather was gorgeous with a slight breeze, warm sun and the smell of summer in the air.  Plus you couldn't beat the view!!!


I, naturally, sent out envelopes to my sweeties this week:





LOve that last one, don't you???  My niece is a monster lover and I knew she would get a real kick out of that one.  She called me and couldn't decide which was her favorite.  lol

I read one book this week…..yippee!  This sock knitting obsession of mine seems to be taking most of my time lately!  I try knitting fast, but when I do that and concentrate real hard, it seems as though my eyes don't want to focus on the distance afterwards for some reason.  Old age, probably!  Anyway, this is the book I read and it was quite good:

INVASION OF PRIVACY                         by              Christopher Reich

So, that's the news.  I'm working on sock #6 so soon I should be able to show you the latest pair.  (I hope.)  Until then, you take care and enjoy your week.  Do something fun for yourself!

3 comments:

debstokes said...

Yes my doctor has told me it takes longer as we age for our eyes to adjust from close up to distance focus. Scare me at first!!!

kiwikid said...

What a lovely place to have lunch!!! Weather is lovely too!! Love the envelopes...the monsters are super great!!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.