Saturday, October 5, 2013

I've been a slacker!

I think my ambition got up and left!  Lately, for some reason, I have been really lazy!  Maybe it's because I am still "babying" my back.  It's better, but not perfect yet.  On occasion I still have to pop a Tylenol or two.  Then too, it's been raining here for three days and I hate rain!  On top of that, we still don't have our new roads and the mud is driving me crazy!  We all thought they'd be pouring last Monday and Tuesday, but nothing!!  Then, we heard that it needs to be dry and cool......so with this constant rain, I'm thinking maybe we'll get the roads by sometime in November.  E-gads!  I'm sure glad I won't be around in another 25 years when they need replacing again.

I did send out some envelopes.......(naturally!)  I sent only one to Audrey (that you haven't seen) and as of today, I'm thinking it's lost.  She would love it.....!!  Audrey is a real tom-boy for a 5 year old and likes all sorts of fun and creepy stuff.  I knew she'd like this envelope containing the a-z Mystery book titled, "The Zombie Zone".

Audrey's A-Z Mystery of the Week

Then, I sent this one to a friend who is helping me out with a surprise.

Fun mail

AND.......I continue to entertain my friend, Annie in California, with a saga of a man going to a Halloween party with his wife.  You have already seen the possible first 2 costumes, and then there are these:

Choosing Costumes

Homemade chicken costume

A bunch of grapes?

Should Walter be a clown for the party?

Who knows what he will choose????

I am happy to report that Lady #58 is finished and ready to be shipped and I have been working on Lady #59 while ladies #60 and #61 wait patiently.  I am thrilled to be working on my Ladies again!  Each one is unique and a joy and I LOVE it!!  I smile the whole time I am creating them!!

So, that's it for today!  Hope you all are well and happy!  Thank you so much for your well wishes on recovering from my back sprain.  I'm positive all your thoughts and prayers worked!! Until next time..

6 comments:

Brenda said...

Hope you feel better soon. I think you should put these on greeting cards instead of envelopes because I wouldn't want them thrown away.

Susan said...

It's awful being sick or in pain - such gorgeous enveloppes as always - looking forward to the new ladies.

Annie said...

Well you lazy slacker you! LOL Send Brenda to my blog to see I'm not throwing any of these fun envelopes away. The saga of Walter's costume decision is hilarious! And I love the Zombie!

Karen said...

I think that Walter's wife made the grapes costume and she is pressuring him to wear that one to the company party! Love it! Hope you feel better soon. Hugs, Karen

Lesley said...

So glad to hear you are mending...but take your time and don't overdo it! Your costumes are too cute...great envelopes!

Rettabug said...

Oh dear, Carol...I'm so sorry to belatedly hear about your poor back! Ouch!

I'm glad to read that it is getting better...I hope it continues to improve.

LOVE all your new envelopes & I really, REALLY hope that someone hasn't stolen that cute monster one.

Take it easy & we'll talk soon.
R.