Thursday, August 15, 2013

Mostly the same.........

Things haven't changed much around here!  I still am doing very little sewing, but (it seems like) lots of drawing and coloring.  I suppose that's not bad for a change.  After 5 years of intense sewing, (and periodic children's garment sewing before then), I needed a break.  Have you ever noticed how creative people can jump from one thing to the next?  I've always been like that.  I get my fill of one thing, and switch to something else and then to another thing, and eventually seem to get a little knowledge of lots of stuff.  Sometimes it gets to the point when you wonder how much you really need to know though......I mean there will always be new things......and how many crochet hooks, and knitting needles and colored pencils, and fabric, and stamps, and paper, and markers, and cookbooks, etc. do you really need?  I am overloaded with stuff, it seems!  You too?????  I bet!  That's how us creative people are!!!  WE have to be prepared for the latest passion, right?

I have no idea where that came from.......it just popped into my head.  Let me show you the latest stuff. The heck with my platitudes.

I finally made a 2nd pincushion.  I did send the 1st one to my partner though.  I thought it suited her better.  This one, I sent to my swap mama.  I figured they could use it for an angel pincushion if necessary.

FLIPS - #2 Pincushion

Then, I got to reveal what I made for "The Little Quilt -Sew, vote, Swap group.  Mine came in at #2 for this round.  I called it, "11 Penguins".  It's 11x12"

11 Little Penguins

Then, here are the envelopes I sent to my little great niece this past week.  The first one is the early reader, and the next two contain the a-z mystery series books,  "The Quicksand Question", and "The Invisible Island".  It's come to where she is now guessing the names of the books by the envelopes.  lol

Audrey's Early Reader for the week

Another a-z mystery series book to Audrey

Audrey's a-z Mystery Series book this the week

And the drawing continues.  Below are various envelopes I sent to friends.  The ones to my fans who requested one are not shown because I surely wouldn't want to spoil the surprise.

Fun Mail to a friend

Yoga Turtle

Fun mail for a flower child

Yeah Teri, you go girl!

Waving to Annie

Remember that I would love to send you an envelope too.  Let me know.......!  You might be surprised how it will brighten your day!


21 comments:

Mary said...

I got my surprise in the Mail Yesterday. Thanks for the Puppy. My DH is allergic so no 'real' Puppies here. Have a great week.

Gill said...

Fabulous drawings as ever and I love the penguin quilt!

Annie said...

You are so right, we sure do need to have supplies (and lots of them) when the urge to create strikes....in whatever media it might strike in! That bunch of penguins is just so cute, as are all the envelopes. There is no happier mail than mamacjt mail! Thank you!

Susan said...

Your creativity knows no bounds Carol! The penguin quilt is fabulous! And I agree with Annie- there is no happier mail than mamacjt mail!

Ellyn said...

those penguins are fabulous. well, everything is, but I especially love the penguins

Lynn said...

I love your penguin quilt and your envelopes! They make me smile every time I see them! My birthday is this week and a surprise envelope would be great fun!

Beezus said...

That turtle totally rocks! All your envelopes are enchanting - I love how you theme the ones for your niece. :)

Susan said...

Such gorgeous penguins and of course an endless variety of enveloppes.

Mary said...

I'm always delighted when I see an update to your blog. I love seeing what you're up to. I think shifting from one project or process to another from time to time helps keep the creative juices going.

cindi said...

i would love to receive one of your gorgeous pieces of art in the mail. your talent continues to amaze me. I am a quilter with a serious case of ADD since I am now looking at crochet patterns and have embroidery projects in the works all over the place.

Outback Crafter - Debra said...

Oh Carol
Your pictures always make me laugh.
I would love an envelope if you wanted to post one to Australia.
Regards
Debra

Outback Crafter - Debra said...

Oh Carol
Your pictures always make me laugh.
I would love an envelope if you wanted to post one to Australia.
Regards
Debra

Barb and Sharon said...

Carol,
I look forward to seeing what you are up to each time you post a blog message. I love the colour choices and your drawings. I too have switched art materials, from pottery to folk art painting to quilting. I think I will stay here for awhile but those envelopes do look inviting!
Barb@Witsend

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

I hear you about the supplies in so many different art forms. I have my share of stuff, ha, ha! But I do use my stuff, just not all at once. Please explain this to my husband will you? He doesn't get it.

I so enjoy all that you do from your quilts, to pincushions to your wonderful envelopes. I would love to receive one of your art envelopes one day. A girl can dream, right?


Sandra Coleman Clarke said...

I too would love to receive one of your cards. i always look forward to your posts. You do very charming work!!!

Kim said...

Who wouldn't love an envelope they are so happy

Kim said...

Who wouldn't love an envelope they are so happy

beachiesews said...

I also have slowed down on my sewing. I have my machine in the shop for a tune up and possible repair. I have my mom's if I need to do something...but I seem to be taking a break. I used to scrapbook when I had a bigger home with more rooms. It was lovely to have a sewing room and a scrapbook room...as the kids moved out, I moved in and redecorated! Have a lovely week! Sue.

Rettabug said...

I have me envelope propped up on the window sill behind my sewing machine, where I can see it every day. Thanks so much for thinking of me, Carol!!! I ♥♥♥ it!

Looks to me like you HAVE been doing lots of sewing. The penguins are done very creatively...I love how your mind works, using the white of the background fabric as part of their bodies.
The little pinnie is cute, too. Perfect matches with the buttons & the threads used to sew them on. Your attention to detail is so wonderful to see. I enjoy my visit to your blog every time.

Hugs,
Rett

Createology said...

Thank you for explaining just how we creative people acquire so many supplies and try so many different crafts. Your pincushion is beautiful. Such detail in such a tiny venue. Love the penguin quilt. Your envelopes are fabulous! Happy Creative Hearts...

Peggy S said...

You brighten my day every time I stop by your blog, so I try to do it often!! My sweet hubby is building me a studio next year to hold all of my stuff. He's afraid he will get pushed outside if I bring one more thing into the house. Never gonna happen, although I did buy some Copic markers recently ;-)