Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I've been thinking!

My husband hates it when I say that!  He NEVER knows what's coming out of my mouth!  Could be that I've been thinking about ripping out our landscaping and starting over, or painting some room of the house, or going on a diet insinuating that I will revise my current method of cooking scrumptious meals.  (All which have been done over the years, and sometimes more than once!!!)  No, lately I have been thinking about all the whimsical stuff I used to make and how I see so much of it on various pinterest boards.  (I guess that must mean that you like it, huh?)  I especially miss my birds!!  Remember some of this stuff:

Flying Kites for Jan

"Who's Katy?"

A client's wall hanging

And finally my all time favorite:

"Lunch??"

There have been a few other ones, but I thought you might get sick of seeing them all.  I just picked out the good ones!  (At least the good ones to me!)  These were all commission quilts!  Ya think I do my best work when I get paid for it?  Huh?  I never thought about that before this very minute!  I'll have to ponder that, I guess!  Could be!  I do know that I take LOTS and I mean L O T S more time in choosing fabrics so things are just RIGHT!

Well, anyway, I've been missing the birds, so I think I am (just for the fun of it) going to create some bird designs soon.  I'll probably start with the QT swap.  The theme is "Backyard".  I was going to make a guy diving into a pool.........cause I have one!  (Actually both!  A hubby and a pool!)  But, the birdbath has been calling me too, so I think I might have to revise my thinking!  Stay tuned for that!

In the meantime, I've joined a 4th of July Mug Rug Swap and I was lucky enough to be assigned two partners.  I told them I'd take two if the count was uneven.......after all, what else do I have to do all day but sew?  Hello!!  (I'm so friggin' lucky.......and old........and that's the real reason, you know!!)  Since we know who our partners are, only sneak peeks can be revealed.  Here are mine:

4th of July Mug rug - sneak peek

4th of July mug rug - sneak peek

That's all I've done the past two days!  No grocery shopping, no cleaning, no nothin'!  (In fact yesterday I didn't even wear a bra all day..........such a rebel, you know!  Hey, breathing is easer without it.  Try it yourself!)  I do have twin baby quilts to quilt.  I really like them, but haven't a clue how I will quilt them so they're sitting on my dining room table waiting for me.  I think they'll be next!  They're for a friend of my daughters who already has 3 boys, and really wanted to try once more for a girl, but discovered that now she is having twins.  Who knows yet what kind!  She is a bit upset to say the least so I thought I might cheer her up???  (Well, I can try, can't I?)  Although I imagine the thought of 5 boys might get me a bit upset too!!!  Ya think?????  Eikes...........one boy was plenty for me, thank you!!!  So, that's it for today!  Have a great week!  

19 comments:

Loves to Quilt said...

I love your birds! And I almost never wear a bra at home! LOL

Lesley said...

Your little quilts are adorable and amazing! The sneak peek will keep us wondering...Loved your post...made me laugh and smile all through it! Thanks for sharing your wonderful "stuff"!

Anonymous said...

L.O.V.E! your birds and everything else you do ~ sew fun to see ~ sew fun to be a rebel!

Ann

Anonymous said...

L.O.V.E! your birds and everything else you do ~ sew fun to see ~ sew fun to be a rebel!

Ann

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

You make the happiest quilts ever Carol...love them all!!! What lucky partners you have..can't wait to see the finished mug rugs!

Kathleen said...

I love your whimsical quilts...so fun and colorful...loved reading your post, made me laugh...

Susan said...

I love reading your blog posts - I always smile or laugh - gosh the prospect of 5 boys - nah!!! not for me - 5 kids is too much for me to even think about. Good Luck to her - I hope they are both girls. Love the birds and to go with a pool etc - mm seagulls do you think?? Enjoy your creative time - I'm pleased your mojo is back!

Sheila said...

how about your backyard ducks in the pool for your next birdie project? Lovely to revisit the birdie quilts

Kim said...

I love all of your appliqué quilts! They are the kind of things I'd like to do --if I could draw anything! LOL!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

All too cute! I adore your birds.

Hey, that makes me a rebel too.....at 65.....LOL. I do put it on to get the mail.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see what you've concocted for your swaps and the birds. No bra??? Too funny, but oh-so-liberating!!
Brenda
Texas

Terri in BC said...

I love your birds, too! I'd love to see you finish the 12 Days of Christmas series (and sell it as a pattern!)

Jo said...

I always love your whimsical quilts, birds included. The only problem with being paid for quilts, its puts more pressure on you and I am sure your best work comes when you just play.

Good luck to the person with twins, she will certainly have her hands full, but two more baby quilts will come in handy... lucky girl.

Annie said...

Too much info Carol! **no bra** I saw "that" yesterday...not you, someone else...NOT PRETTY! LOL I love your whimsical colorful birds! I need a small small quiltie of one of your birds sewing at a sewing machine...like you need help with inspiration...but you know, in case you run out of ideas...I'm up way too early this morning.

Manoli said...

¡Qué preciosidad, con ese colorido!!! me encanta, felicidades!!!

Jeanne said...

Your bird quilts are awesome! They bring a smile to everyone who sees them. Please make more.

Nancy B said...

Oh, I do hope she has twin girls! That is so sweet of you to make them quilts. I have twin granddaughters who just turned 16. So much fun! I really enjoyed seeing your birds again. I think they are what drew me to your blog in the first place. I just love whimsy and your imagination is so refreshing. Keep up the good work!

Rachel said...

Can't wait to see what we got a peek at! I LOVE your birds. Love that style. Unfortunately I can't draw, LOL, so I must admire from afar (unless of course you would like to make/sell a pattern, LOL, just saying!)I hope she gets girls. LOL.

Mary said...

Gotta love the "no Bra days". You rebel you, perfect for a July holiday coming up. The colonists 'rebelled' back then too. I think the birds do belong in the birdbath- not any pool I want to swim in. I can just see them in the diving pose...