Monday, October 24, 2011

Here mousy-mousy.....

E-gads, I'm telling you, I'm getting to the nitty-gritty with this post.  AND......it's not like I'm not working!  I have been sewing my fingers to the bone, but everything is hush-hush and Christmas gifts, or secret swaps, or one thing or another that I am running out of stuff to show you.  I might have to resort to walking in the park, or cleaning out my basement or taking pictures of something else for next time.  Ugh!  'Course, I'm sure I'm not the only blog you read, so your eye candy might have to come from the next blogger for awhile.  (At least until I have permission to brag on my new stuff.)  OR.....groom Toby and shop for Halloween costumes for him......which, now that I think about it, might be fun too!!!

In the meantime, let me show you my 2-3 hour apiece mice.  YES, you read that right, these crazy mousies take 2-3 hours each to make by hand (and you wonder why I haven't been sewing much??)  It started off where I wanted ornaments for the Trim the Tree swap, but once I perfected the pattern and got going, I couldn't seem to stop.  You'll see what I mean.


I really got a bit crazy with the whiskers.


And here is one, hanging.  They are all fully jointed so you can hang them, or sit them, or even make them do the splits, if you want them to.


I posted these on Flickr and the picture made EXPLORE.  (That's kind of special in the Flickr world)

Waiting for our brother.....

And then, when I discovered that my church was having a Christmas bazaar and needed donations, I made some more.  After all, I couldn't let my church down, could I?

I'm not done yet!

Problem is though, that everyone who sees these in person wants one.  So, guess what I'll be doing right after I finish a few other obligations?  I'm hoping the group grows to 24.  Two dozen should be enough, I hope!

22 comments:

Lucky Duck Dreams said...

You're a crazy woman!

Mary said...

LOL "Church Mice"...for the Bazaar. Thanks for not sharing your recently finished pics. I'll send you Pics when I can.

Cindy Sharp said...

They are perfectly awesome!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, too cute!

Loves to Quilt said...

AWESOME! I think you need to have a giveaway!

Anonymous said...

If you don't mind me asking, are you going to be possibly giving away a tutorial for these? I would love to be able to make one. :) Those are so adorable! :)

Wendy said...

Oh my goodness! How adorable these are! I can see why everyone who sees them wants one.....they beg you to take them with you!

Sue said...

Small mice - Big heart!

Sewconsult said...

They are so cute, but I would be finding a way to do some of the work by machine. Of course, I appreciate the handwork, but I know from experience that many won't! In the last picture, the mouse that is 3rd from the left, seems to have a balance issue? Has she or he been into the Christmas spirits?
Beckie in Brentwood, TN

Annie said...

This is how you get out of a funk?! I'm with speaker #1...you're a crazy woman. But then I never was good at mass production. Have you checked your cheese supply lately?

matate10 said...

If you're crazy, it's the good kind of crazy. Love 'em!

matate10 said...

If you're crazy, it's the good kind of crazy. Love 'em!

Gmama Jane said...

Of course I always love any and all of your creations. Could you possibly show the rest of us how to make these cute little "church mice">
Blessings
Gmama jane

Anonymous said...

How adorable and creative of you. We all want one! LOL

Susan said...

They really are so cute!

CraftyGardenMom - Tanesha said...

They are adorable! I really wish you would start selling on Etsy though, I love so many of the things you make and I am sure you'd be a smashing success.

GardenOfDaisies said...

Oh these are SOOOOOO cute!!! Of course everyone wants one!

Anonymous said...

Utterly Cute!!!!
Brenda C.

Lisa said...

These are so sweet! So perky looking!

Alicia said...

All I can think of after seeing the photo of the group of mice is the Nutcracker! They are too cute. Do you have a tutorial?

myBearpaw said...

I love your adorable mouse! And you made so many! That is the craziness, most of us would just make one, but I have noticed that you really like to surround yourself with your creations! I am not surprised the photo made Explore - I am off to favourite it now!

VickiT said...

Oh my gosh! Those are just adorable. I don't blame anyone for wanting one because *I* want one too. :) They are super cute.