Monday, June 27, 2011

I promised

I told you that I was going to work on this:

Stars on Black

Remember that it was only 7 1/2 inches and needed to be at least 9 inches square?  Well, it took me awhile, but here it is, now 15 inches square, waiting for a new owner someday:

Stars and Stripes

Then, I want to show you the mini I sent to my partner, Pam (uberstitch) for the QT Mini swap.  The theme this time was "true minis".  (I'm sure getting a lot of practice lately on all this true mini quilting stuff, let me tell you!!)  In reality I could have used this 9 x 11 inch quilt for all three swaps that I'm in.  Wouldn't that have been a hoot?

Mini Rainbow

Don't tell anyone, but I think I'm going to make another one like this maybe for me.  I really like it!  OR....maybe for my DQS swap partner if she likes rainbows?  Who knows?  It's just "so" me and I had such fun matching those tiny seams.  Each little block is only 3/4 inch by 1 inch.  Eikes!

23 comments:

Sewconsult said...

You just blow me away, every time I stop by your blog.
Beckie in Brentwood, TN

Amy Friend said...

I'm starting to get really excited about all this true mini stuff!

Christine M said...

They are both lovely. I haven't done any piecing that small before!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I love coming to see your minis. You use color so excitingly.

Anonymous said...

Great minis. I know they'll be well loved

Ursula

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Colorful, perfectly pieced and just beautiful. I think that is exactly what I requested for the next swap!!

Unknown said...

Awesome Minis!! Great colors!


Have a great week. :)

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

Vic H. said...

That is amazing!! Great job!

Susan said...

Both these quilts are wonderful! I really love your use of colour! I am sure your partners will be very happy!

Rachaeldaisy said...

Two little beauties!! If they get any smaller you'll be able to use them for earings!

Anonymous said...

Oooh they are wonderful! Hmmm too bad I've already had you as my partner as that probably leaves me out of the running for these... Xx

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Such loveliness. When I see you've got a new blog post, in my google reader, I always come to you blog because love to see your latest.

pinsandneedles said...

amazing work!

Cathy said...

Gosh, I love them both. Your colors are unbelievable. It's on my list of to do's.

cathy

Cindy Sharp said...

Absolutely positively awesome!

Judy said...

What wonderful minis!! I love the bright bold colors, especially the second one.

Enjoy your week,
Judy

Teje Karjalainen said...

Both of your quilts are again soooo beautiful! I love the beautiful and bright colours!
x Teje

Anonymous said...

Love these! So Cute!
Thanks for sharing :)
Motorcycle helmet

Michele T said...

Love your ideas and boy do you have a variety of beautiful fabrics!!

Gmama Jane said...

You already know how much I love anything you do...your use of color is unique and I can always spot something you do even without your name. You have a unique *style* that says YOU!!
Blessings
Gmama Jane

Rettabug said...

I love them both, Carol but the black is my most favorite! You've inspired me to get busy & finish up my pointed star from a class on paper piecing I took. Its only been waiting for about 9 years. LOL

Cool borders on both!!!

Happy 4th, my friend!
fondly,
Rett

Jen said...

Wow, adding that border on the star quilt really made it pop! It looks fabulous! I love the other one too, the B&W really sets off the colors and makes it look sophisticated and fun!

Em said...

WOW WOW WOW!!!! Amazing quilt adn blog! I cannot believe I have not found you sooner and cannot wait to browse more posts. SO FUN YOU ARE!!! and your talen is amazing. Thank you for sharing your creative gift, Em http://mcelebrates.blogspot.com