Friday, April 1, 2011

Happy April!!!

I love April 1st!  Actually, I probably love April 1st better than most other days of the year, except for (of course) my birthday, Christmas, etc.  Know why?  First, you have to know that I live in Wisconsin...hello!!!  Wisconsin is damn cold!  Like, Wisconsin is damn cold probably 9 months out of the year.  Seriously!  So, even though we probably have better weather in October than we do in the whole month of April, in October you REALLY know that there is only BAD stuff coming whereas on April 1st, you realize the best is yet to come.  Get it?  Ah-huh!  I knew you would!!  :D

To celebrate, my wonderful hubby bought me these darling guys to decorate our living room.  I had seen them at our speciality grocery store and admired them and he decided that they looked too much like us (big bellies and all) for him not to pass up.  Besides, I LOVE tulips!!  They stand 18 inches tall.

Easter Bunnies

I must admit that I haven't been sewing much.  I did complete a lap sized quilt top this week of this one which I dropped off at the quilters this morning.  Dummy me forgot to take a picture.  Duh!  I think I am losing my mind lately!!!  I'm backing it with flannel and having it quilted with wool batting for warmth.  I'm thinking it'll really be toasty.

"Confetti Squares"

I did get a marvelous creation from Ruthie for a swap, but I really need to take better pics before I show you.  Her work is so marvelous.....you MUST see every little stitch.  Next time!!

I have been obsessed with this dog thing.....so yesterday, I decided that I need to back off and take a rest.  There will always be rescue dogs for adoption and it's only been two weeks today that we lost our Emmy, so what's the rush?  All I was doing was scouring the internet every spare moment.  Crazy!  I do tend to get carried away sometimes........I think I will KNOW when the time is right and when the dog is right.  Until then, I need to get myself in order.  With that in mind, next I will be working on a commission quilt for a marvelous reader in Norway.  It's all drawn so now I just have to choose the right fabrics and get to work.  Stay tuned!!!

14 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

LOL - I spent the first 20 years of my life 3 miles from Lake Michigan in Wisconsin -- I hear you girl!! I think not all realize how cold Wisconsin can be and have a hard time believing me when I say I remember going to see the fireworks on 4th of July in a winter jacket!! Yes warm days but cold nights and warm weather is short lived.
Karen
who has lived in Arkansas for the last 30 years.

http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Susan said...

Your'e right..when the right dog is out there it will find you! Wisconsin! My doll quilt from Lee at Freshly Pieced came from there this week!! All the best quilters come from Wisconsin!

Unknown said...

The rabbits are just wonderful - charming, joyful and in love :o)

matate10 said...

Love the rabbits!! Glad you're sewing again. That always soothes and gets things right in my head. Hope it works for you. Wishing you a future full of sewing and doggie kisses.

Poppyprint said...

Your big belly bunnies are so cute! Sounds like a good plan with the doggies.

Keep Stitchin' said...

I live in Wisconsin, too! I'm only a block from Lake Michigan, in Manitowoc County, where are you?

I love the bunnies and the red/white quilt is so fun. Your work is really inspiring to me! Keep up the great work!

rubyslipperz1052 said...

O... I LUV those bunnies!! I just want to grab one and take it to nap with me. Do you think it might stay still while I sleep? You know how much hopping a bunny can do... =P

hugZ,
annie
rubyslipperz106.blogspot.com

regan said...

I was born in Waupaca! Woohoo! And even though we moved when I was one, since all my people came from there, I totally have the accent! I don't hear it, but everyone else does! You betcha!

schmidt1016 said...

The bunnies are so cute and happy! I grew up in Wisconsin (Fort Atkinson) but have lived in Minnesota for nearly 30 years, which is almost half my life! It's almost like going from the refrigerator to the freezer! But I still consider myself a Wisconsinite.

Leslie S. in MN
esclante at comcast dot net

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Ha! the Bunnies are too cool! I hear what you say about Spring being near. In Northern Indiana it is 47 today. One year ago today it was 83. Brother!! I am waiting patiently to get outside in the garden. Lake Michigan effects our weather so much that we never know if we are coming or going.
Have a great weekend.
xx, Carol

Sparky said...

ahhhh yes bichons can wait while you settle in a bit..good plan...and what do you feed your itsy bitsy quilts some magic potion, then they grow into larger one...I need that formula please x

Rettabug said...

Oh, Carol, those bunnies are darling! They have to make you smile every time you look at them. :D

I need to get some of my Easter stuff up soon or it will be over already!

Cindy Sharp said...

Your bunnies are wonderful. Give your sweaty a hug from me for making me smile!

Hope you warm up soon.

Susan said...

I love those rabbits and a husband that can take a hint and bring home an impromptu gift! Kudos to him, Carol! Pat him on the head for me, willya? :)

You're making amazing stuff and I really have to visit blogs more often, I'm ashamed at how lax I have been!