Thursday, January 20, 2011

What happened to the week?

Holy cow, what happened to the week?  It seems like it was just Monday and now tomorrow, it'll be Friday already.  (You can tell that I work out of the house, can't you?)  Who else wouldn't really know what day it was?  Duh!  Funny thing is that I feel like I haven't done a thing all week, and yet, I've been so busy.  You knew that I had joined the mug rug swap and the doll quilt swap and then, dummy me (although I really wanted to cut down on swaps) went and joined the QT Mini Swap for February/March.  Not only that, but I agreed to a private swap for those same months.  Am I crazy?  Eikes......who do I think I am anyway?  And knowing me, I won't just make one each for the mug rug and doll quilt swaps.  Last time, I think I made 10 for the doll swap just in case we needed that many angel quilts.   I am the angel mama, you know!!!  (A very important post, I'll have you know!)

Anyway, I won't disappoint you....although I did make two for secret this week that can't be shown yet, I can show you two mug rugs that I whipped up two days ago.  Who knows who'll get them since my partner doesn't seem too wild about either one.

Here's the first with the front and then the back:

Funky Mug Rug front

Funky Mug Rug back

Don't look too closely at those lousy stitches on the back.  My hands really cramp up in this cold weather that we've been having.......supposed to be 22 below zero wind chill here tomorrow morning.

Oh, and the other one......kinda classic front and (hopefully better stitched) back:

Classic Mug Rug

Back of Classic Mug Rug

Anyway, that's it for today, I'm afraid.  I really like the two I did for the secret swaps, but I can't show you those yet.  Boo-hoo!  Oh well.....stay warm!

16 comments:

CJ said...

Such cute little mug rugs!! I want to make a few but I have NO IDEA how big most of these are. What is a good starting point?

Terrie Sandelin said...

Oh,both of these are really wonderful! Love those bright happy colors!

StitchinByTheLake said...

LOVE them! Especially that first one. I love black and white checks with bright colors. blessings, marlene

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I love them too. You work with such cheerful colors!

Needled Mom said...

Gee, if I had known that you were the angel quilter I wouldn't have told Michele not to bother having an angel make me a fall mini quilt for the one my partner never sent. You work is so gorgeous.

I know that you can make all of the deadlines. I have confidence in you!!!!

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

I love the red and turquoise one. They are both great though! Have fun swapping!

Calicojoan said...

I think they are both cool. Where did you get your name tags done? I am looking for something on that line.

Wendy said...

both of these are fantastic! I would be thrilled to receive either one of them.

Tezzcan said...

They are lovely.

Annie said...

It sounds to me like you hired yourself for a full time job and then threw some overtime at yourself just for good measure! And I know you're lovin every stitch of it! The newest mug rugs are fun!

Cathy said...

Hi: Well I just love them you could always send them this way, and I drink coffee!!!
Great work love coming by to see what you've done with your week.

cathy

Linda said...

Well I love both of those mug rugs. Who wouldn't. I'm interested in your label. Did you do it yourself?

Cossett said...

The mug rugs are both really neat. You always do such great work!

kristina wilberg said...

So fun:) LOVE your labels, perfect!!

Rettabug said...

Very, very cool. I just love these color combos! Your angled quilt lines really accent the shapes beautifully, too.
I ♥ your labels, too!!!

Sparky said...

I know I know...forget about the week..what happened to January..lol
Oh this is not about me lol...your work as always leaves me with a grin..a happy one, that is just what you do...