Monday, June 7, 2010

I'm Here

Did you think I was dead? Me too, there for awhile! I've only become among the living since yesterday, really, but prior to that, I really wondered if I'd ever have the ambition or strength again to sew in my whole life (a little dramatic maybe, but in many ways, the truth!!) Some "bug" hit me like a ton of bricks and one day I even was in bed most of the day. I was thinking that I had nothing to show you since I haven't had the machine out for days, but then it occurred to me that you hadn't seen the "Diet Pepsi" disaster. Actually, it's not so bad now, but at the time, WOW!

I had a quilter friend here and had just poured us glasses of Diet Pepsi as I was flailing my hands in wild quilt talk (and I'm not even an Italian...you know how it is), and whoosh....the whole glass (with ice) all over my just finished to the point of hand stitching, doll quilt. It was dripping brown. I quick ran for the sink, while my friend sopped up the mess on the table, floor, my flosses, etc. We thought it'd be fine since I had rinsed it right away, but as it dried throughout the day, stains were showing more and more and the back was a mess. I knew, I'd either have to give it a good bath, or make another one.

I did both! I was more careful with my quilting the second time and it looks a bit better, but the first one's not bad either and I think that maybe it might be used as an angel doll quilt in the latest doll swap. Who knows? Anyway, I thought you might like to see them both.

On the Beach #2

Hand Stitching

And the two of them together. Note that I used different floss on the "washed" one. It gave it just a more refined look, I think.


6 comments:

LJ said...

I'm glad you are feeling better!
Those little quilts are marvelous and I especially like the one that's washed.

BahamaDawn said...

i agree...i like the washed one the best!
glad you are feeling better!

Poppyprint said...

the cross stitches are so cool! Love the caribean feel of these Carol. Bummer about the Diet Pepsi, but it looks like everything turned out very well in the end.

Karen said...

I am so glad that you are feeling better, Carol! Both quilts are beautiful. Since I believe that there really are no accidents in this world, I think that you were supposed to make the second quilt. It will be needed someday! :) You are always such a dear to think of others!

Helen said...

Ohhh, I had some gastro 24 hour bug last week picked up from my youngest daughters class, it was horrible, you have my deepest sympathy! The minis look fantastic though! What pepsi stain??

Rettabug said...

They look beautiful, Carol...even side by side, I can't tell which one got splashed.

I ♥ the effect of the varigated thread on the cross-stitched edges. Very, very pretty!

Glad to know you're feeling better & are back up to your normal warp speed. LOL