Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Back in the Grove

Oh, I am having such fun! I just love this sewing almost every day, you just don't know. And, now that most of my pincushions are dispersed, and the crushed walnut shells packed in the basement (until the next marathon) I can concentrate on another love of mine.....the doll quilt swap. I am (officially) the angel swap mama for this round too, if you can believe? I was bestowed this honor just recently and I'm so happy!! What this actually means is that all the other mamas work their butts off now and I just sew and have fun and then when, and if, someone needs a quilt later because something happened to their original one that they were supposed to get, I can quickly mail one out. No big deal!! Hopefully, by that time I will have about 6-7 in reserve, or if it is like last time when my partner said nothing the whole time, maybe even 8-9. Why I always get little quiet partners is astounding! (After all, they don't know that I'm their partner so I can't be scaring them off, right???)

Anyway, I finished the first quilt today. I had this one in mind for some time and really like how it turned out....besides, I don't think anyone has ever made a round doll quilt for the swap before. How cool is that?

"Circle of Life" - DQS9 #1

"Circle of Life" - DQS9 #1

Stay tuned.........I'm sure there'll be more before you know it and before long, you'll be sick of seeing these too. LOL

14 comments:

Poppyprint said...

I will not be sick of seeing the gorgeous quilts you make, no matter how many you throw at us!!!! There is a teensy part of me that hopes my partner flakes.

Michele said...

I'm with Poppyprint almost wishing for a flaker! ;)I think we would all enjoy one of your quilts! Thank you for being an angel. I know your lovely quilts turn the frowns upside down real quick.

Amy Friend said...

Yup, I am not worried at all now about having a flaker. This quilt would suit me nicely. :) You did a wonderful job.

Misty said...

Wow, this is stunning! I love the colors and contrast, plus it's a great shape for a doll quilt!

Valerie said...

I love this one so much!

badlandsquilts said...

ohhh, I just LOVE this! It is beautiful!

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

Your little quilt is beautiful. I can't wait to see more!

Helen said...

This one is the best!!!! Love it the most even though you haven't made the rest yet!

Mama Spark said...

So adorable. I could die of the cuteness!!

Jessica Christensen said...

I love all your DQS mini quilts. And your pincushions . . . Oh, my goodness, they are wonderful!

Rettabug said...

just wanted to let you know your link to the doll quilt swap is dead. :(
Try again!

Dorrie said...

It's wonderful~I love the french knots and the black binding brings it all together!

Grey Cat said...

I didn't join in on the DQS goodness this round, but I'm so jealous of your partner! I've quietly drooled over your color and fabric choices since I discovered your quilts on Flickr.

Amanda Jean said...

i'm excited to be sitting on the sidelines watching what you whip up overnight! you do such a nice job, Carol.